Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Miguel Munoz <sw...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/09/28 03:36:09 UTC

[lang3] Proposed new class for faster equals using Reflection

I created a JIra issue (LANG-1493) to propose a new class that can do a equals and hash code much faster than EqualsBuilder. It would not work as a drop-in replacement however. It would need a new API. I'm a new contributor, so I'm not entirely sure if this is the best way to propose a new class, but here goes.

The approach I take is to do all the reflection when the class is loaded, rather than when the equals method is called. This lets me perform equals test up to 20 times faster in my performance tests.

You can look at a current version of my class, including unit tests, on my github account:

https://github.com/SwingGuy1024/DogTags

It's still a work in progress, but the current version works and is ready to try out.

-- Miguel Muñoz