Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Stein Gran <st...@softwaredynamics.no> on 2013/04/25 15:04:46 UTC

SOLR-2894 - am I the only one who gets this behaviour?

Hi,

I tested the latest patch for SOLR-2894 a couple of weeks ago, and while it
worked fine for string fields I got no output if one of the facet.pivot
fields is a date field. (SOLR-2894 is about implementing distributed pivot
faceting)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2894?focusedCommentId=13627641&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13627641

Am I the only one who gets this behavior? If so, I'll look into my test
environment again.

I'm more than happy to test any new patch to this issue, as I have a test
environment set up which runs multiple scenarios with pivot faceting and
date fields in a SolrCloud with two machines :-)

I have looked through the code changes in the latest patch as well, but
since I do not know the Solr code base I didn't see anything obvious.  But
I can help with testing if anyone wants any testing done.

Best,
Stein J. Gran