Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/03 16:35:09 UTC

recipientList with parallelProcessing, how to stop thread(s)

Hi All,
in our route we are using a recipientList with parallelProcessing which is
than aggregated.
We also use an aggregation timeout.
When the aggregation runs in timeout the threads which have been created to
process in parallel the recipient list will continue running. Is there a way
to list these threads in order to send an interrupt signal?

Re: recipientList with parallelProcessing, how to stop thread(s)

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thank you,
in the meantime I've worked it around by using an InflightRepository keeping
track of exchange alive time, but it would be great to have a way to
graceful stop running tasks.

Re: recipientList with parallelProcessing, how to stop thread(s)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is no so easy. I have added a note in the docs about the timeout,
that existing tasks may keep running.

I logged a ticket to improve the code in Camel to improve the logic to
graceful stop the running tasks

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> in our route we are using a recipientList with parallelProcessing which is
> than aggregated.
> We also use an aggregation timeout.
> When the aggregation runs in timeout the threads which have been created to
> process in parallel the recipient list will continue running. Is there a way
> to list these threads in order to send an interrupt signal?

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com