Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/11 07:11:44 UTC

Compatibility of specialpurpose with releases

Hello everyone,

Do we have a certain strategy with respect to the guarantee of
specialpurpose components' compatibility with any release given that they
only reside in trunk due to slim down?

And if the guarantee is not there, do we have any tag on svn to checkout
the latest compatible version for a given release? I know we only have
13.07 but I think it might get out of control in a few releases right?

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Compatibility of specialpurpose with releases

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacopo,

Given that specialpurpose is something which is getting less attention from
the community anyway, I would imagine it to be more of an administrative
headache to split the repository out into components. I really like your
first idea of ofbiz/framework and ofbiz/applications and then to add
/specialpurpose separately.

If a specialpurpose component _really_ matures and gets a lot of attention
from the community it should probably go into /ofbiz/applications or
/ofbiz/framework anyway!

So yeah +1 for the above solution. I would feel much safer working with
13.07 once I know what's going to happen exactly with specialpurpose.

Best,

Taher Alkhateeb

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Taher,