Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Nikos Bampounis <ni...@hotmail.com> on 2016/10/19 23:01:20 UTC

Problem with UIMA Ruta Workbench

Hello,

I tried to fix it myself but at some point I didn't know what to do anymore, so I thought I could try contacting you.

I'm running UIMA Ruta Workbench 2.5.0 on Eclipse neon, and when I'm trying to run the example script "Main.ruta" the execution gets terminated with the following message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Passed arguments are invalid!
    at org.apache.uima.ruta.ide.launching.RutaLauncher.main(RutaLauncher.java:144)

Is there something I'm doing wrong here that you are aware of?

I would highly appreciate your answer as I need to run it as soon as possible.

Attached: a screenshot of the problem

Thank you very much,

Nikos

Re: Problem with UIMA Ruta Workbench

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

there is a problem with a preference ("noVM") which is falsely activated
in the 2.5.0 release. As a result, the Workbench seems not compatible
with the launcher. There is a issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-5140

Deactivating the preference should fix your problem. In the menu go to
"Window" -> "Preferences". Then, select "UIMA Ruta" -> "Project
Management", and uncheck the preference "Do not start a VM in
development mode."

See also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39887957/ruta-versions-2-5-0

Best,

Peter