Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/18 12:30:12 UTC

running benchmarks

Ted, I went to run benchmarks this morning with maven. The instructions
mentioned that you needed to do this:

mvn clean test -DskipBenchmarks=false -DdefaultForks=5
-DmeasureIterations=20 -DwarmupIterations=20

The "test" target generated errors for me which had me confused until I
recalled that our "test" target sorta doesn't work so well in any case
because of shading. I ended up running this with:

mvn clean test -pl gremlin-benchmark -DskipBenchmarks=false
-DdefaultForks=5 -DmeasureIterations=20 -DwarmupIterations=20

which ran to success.  Should the documentation be changed to that command
or am I missing something in how you run the benchmarks from maven?

Re: running benchmarks

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
it might work that way if you cd into gremlin-benchmark first but i prefer
to just use -pl gremlin-benchmark option.

Re: running benchmarks

Posted by Ted Wilmes <tw...@gmail.com>.