Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/06 14:01:11 UTC

PROPOSAL vs VOTE [WAS Re: [PROPOSAL] Fix Release Distribution (Outside maven repo)]

On 5/6/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [X] +1 (non-binding)

it's a PROPOSAL not a VOTE. it's an informal way of gauging whether
there's general consensus around a plan. so there's no difference
between binding and non-binding votes.

- robert

Re: PROPOSAL vs VOTE [WAS Re: [PROPOSAL] Fix Release Distribution (Outside maven repo)]

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/6/07, robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/6/07, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > [X] +1 (non-binding)
>
> it's a PROPOSAL not a VOTE. it's an informal way of gauging whether
> there's general consensus around a plan. so there's no difference
> between binding and non-binding votes.

heh... just making sure people would know that I'm not on the IPMC, it
caused a bit of confusion at apache con while working with you guys
(which I really enjoyed!)

Martijn

--
Learn Wicket at ApacheCon Europe: http://apachecon.com
Wicket 1.2.6 contains a very important fix. Download Wicket now!