Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/05/18 00:30:37 UTC

Ubuntu daily builds failed today Re: Updating debian build directory?

One hunk of a patch failed because it is now already in trunk.  Easy to
fix.

But I'm really not feeling like fixing it if my work isn't going to get
into trunk.

I think having somebody (me) running daily builds of trunk on a small
production server is useful.  As well as the increased ease of building
debian packages of releases for other people to more easily test.

And I think the argument that having an updated debian build directory in
trunk is bad because it *might* one day become unmaintained again is crap.

It's not like I'm suggesting an overhaul of some integral SpamAssassin code
that makes it difficult for other people to maintain.  It's one isolated
debian directory that can be deleted the instant somebody notices it's not
maintained.

I'm getting emails, on a daily basis, if these daily builds fail.  I think
I'm likely to keep up maintenance of the debian build info in trunk.  I'll
try to make a point of letting you folks know if I stop.

May I please update the debian directory in trunk, instead of it just being
deleted.

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

Re: Ubuntu daily builds failed today Re: Updating debian build directory?

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
On 5/17/2011 6:30 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> One hunk of a patch failed because it is now already in trunk.  Easy to
> fix.
>
> But I'm really not feeling like fixing it if my work isn't going to get
> into trunk.
>
> I think having somebody (me) running daily builds of trunk on a small
> production server is useful.  As well as the increased ease of building
> debian packages of releases for other people to more easily test.
>
> And I think the argument that having an updated debian build directory in
> trunk is bad because it *might* one day become unmaintained again is crap.
>
> It's not like I'm suggesting an overhaul of some integral SpamAssassin code
> that makes it difficult for other people to maintain.  It's one isolated
> debian directory that can be deleted the instant somebody notices it's not
> maintained.
>
> I'm getting emails, on a daily basis, if these daily builds fail.  I think
> I'm likely to keep up maintenance of the debian build info in trunk.  I'll
> try to make a point of letting you folks know if I stop.
>
> May I please update the debian directory in trunk, instead of it just being
> deleted.

You've stepped up to set you'll do it so I'm willing to give you a shot
and commit a patch for an updated .debian file.

Regards,
KAM

Re: Ubuntu daily builds failed today Re: Updating debian build directory?

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 5/17/2011 12:30 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> May I please update the debian directory in trunk, instead of it just being
> deleted.

Hasn't Darxus done more than enough to prove his worth as an upstream
committer?  Sure he hasn't worked in the "traditional" manner as a rule
writer, but perhaps we need folks like Darxus to fill in the gaps in
other neglected parts of our project.

Warren