Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Wilder <Je...@puma.com> on 2003/02/03 21:51:16 UTC

Re: JSTL SQL

OK i have confirmed that this is not a jstl issue or a driver issue. As
when i connect with odbc i still get the '?'.  And when i use the usual
non-jstl method for connecting with both drivers i still get '?'.

Has anyone else ever had this issue.  The special characters are correct
in the database but not through jsp?

If i use the iso entities e.g. &lsquo; &rsquo; they show up correctly
(using escapeXml="false") but the user enters information in and they
don't know how to convert these characters.  Are there any functions I
could use to convert user entered data to iso entities?

-Jeff

Travis McCauley <tw...@virginia.edu>
01/29/2003 03:51 PM
Please respond to "Tag Libraries Users List"

        To:     Tag Libraries Users List <ta...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re:  JSTL SQL

Never mind, I was thinking MySql not MS SQL Server. That certainly
will not help you.

Sorry,
Travis