Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/20 12:47:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Open Letter to the Open Document Format Ecosystem

The Apache Software Foundation posted an "Open Letter to the Open Document
Format Ecosystem"[1] this morning. ASF Publicity also posted the letter to
the PR Newswire[2] for broad dissemination.

Ross and I are taking queries from the media. I'll attempt to keep this
thread current with any coverage this creates. During interviews, there are
bound to be other aspects of the project highlighted as a result. For
example, our progress towards a developer build, etc., however, the focus
of the letter is 'to articulate our vision for the future of Apache
OpenOffice within the wider Open Document Format ecosystem.'  The ASF also
explains the importance of proper control of its trademarks, including
OpenOffice.org.

[1] http://s.apache.org/P7e
[2]http://s.apache.org/7Dp

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Open Letter to the Open Document Format Ecosystem

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
We also have a twitter feed on this here:  - @TheASF Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/#!/TheASF/status/149086127507255296  ....
...quite suitable for retweeting, of course. :)

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
"Apache forges ahead with OpenOffice.org suite", InfoWorld[1]

[1] *http://s.apache.org/v0*

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2011/12/20 Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>

> The Apache Software Foundation posted an "Open Letter to the Open Document
> Format Ecosystem"[1] this morning. ASF Publicity also posted the letter to
> the PR Newswire[2] for broad dissemination.
>
> Ross and I are taking queries from the media. I'll attempt to keep this
> thread current with any coverage this creates. During interviews, there are
> bound to be other aspects of the project highlighted as a result. For
> example, our progress towards a developer build, etc., however, the focus
> of the letter is 'to articulate our vision for the future of Apache
> OpenOffice within the wider Open Document Format ecosystem.'  The ASF also
> explains the importance of proper control of its trademarks, including
> OpenOffice.org.
>

> [1] http://s.apache.org/P7e
> [2]http://s.apache.org/7Dp

Good notice.