Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@protonmail.ch> on 2017/11/01 20:45:06 UTC

RE: Some JMeter (technical) concerns

>> The whole communication between JMeter client and servers should be
>> rewritten using more modern protocols.
>>
> For this, I think the most important thing to pay attention to is the
> usability and efficiency. Distributed execution of sophisticated test plans
> is a 10x Advantage of JMeter; to my knowledge, this is the only tool that
> can do it. So it'd be wise capitalise on that by making sure anyone else who
> comes into this area has a tall order to be anything other than an also-ran.

I didn't study this enough but in what way would a more sophisticated test plan impact the distributed execution? Normally, the test shouldn't even know it's running differently.

Anyhow, like I've mentioned my no.1 problem with RMI is that it needs open ports on both sides. There's also no security basically.

And finally, the connection is brittle.

A protocol that would have a single open port on the remote machine, use an encrypted channel and have some queuing to handle temporary connection errors would be peachy.

--emi