Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Patrick Saunders <ps...@comcen.com.au> on 2001/11/28 08:24:50 UTC

Another Torque question.

Hi to all,
Can anyone clarrify the state of the standalone Torque at
this point in time? I'm interested to use it, though there
was speculation about it a while ago.

I'm still using Turbine 2.1b and though I downloaded Torque 3.05 (at
least that's what the zip was called)  - I think this is the last
version before standalone  and was eventually
able to get all my OM classes generated, though I get a
NullPointerException when I try to do call doSelect() for one
of my tables.

There's no other information about what is causing this exception and
it is rather frustrating - does anyone have hints about how to fix
this? I feel I'm an ants dick away from getting it to work but I don't
know what to do next. I've tried re-compiling the classes though
I get the same result.

Ta,

Patrick.

Re: Another Torque question.

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
It does for me too.

But can I refer you to NOTES.txt:

"Torque should be fully functional on its own, but right now
  it doesn't work as a persistence layer without the DBService
  in Fulcrum. The classes should be moved from Fulcrum into
  this repository and Torque should be made to work on its own
  and be embeddable in applications. The DBService in Fulcrum
  should be a wrapper around Torque."

I'm running Torque-standalone without Fulcrum though, what gives?

Also, there's mention in that about having proxies for large objects. Now
correct me if I'm out of line here, or out of context, but are there any
plans for lazy materialization?

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Another Torque question.