Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by charlie w <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/09 17:07:22 UTC

NutchSimilarity

For my purposes using Nutch, I need to implement my own Similarity class
(really I just extend NutchSimilarity).  The similarity class is hardcoded
in the indexer and searcher to NutchSimilarity.  It would be more convenient
if this was a configurable setting.  I've made changes to the indexer and
searcher classes to support the similarity class as a configurable setting,
but are there plans to make the similarity class a configrable value?

I can see that there are several ways to accomodate this particular need, so
I guess I'm really just interested in the mechanism for using something
other than NutchSimilarity that is recommended by the deveolpers/users.

Thanks