Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 21:36:23 UTC

0.32 linear store

Hey again,
Another issue I've run into switching to 0.32 is the fact that durable
topics I create are no longer persisted between broker restarts. The 0.28
release that was previously provided only had the legacy store, but 0.32
has the linear store which I'm trying out.

I provide a path to my store-dir and that's it, is there some other
configuration option I'm missing here for this? The qpidd logs don't
indicate any failure, and indicate that the linear-store is in fact being
used. Running qpidd with debug+ shows a whole bunch of information, and I
see the exchanges being added but no corresponding messages from the store
(this may be expected).

Regards,
Matt

Re: 0.32 linear store

Posted by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:10 PM, Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 4:04 PM, Kim van der Riet <ki...@redhat.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The legacystore and linearstore have slightly different directory
>>> structures which were designed to be mutually exclusive.  There was some
>>> debate as to whether to perform an automatic "upgrade" between these, but
>>> it was decided that this would not be a prudent option, as it would make a
>>> subsequent downgrade difficult and there would be multiple copies of
>>> messages, etc. Also, legacystore is still available, although deprecated.
>>> Most users will want to wait until a point where they have no messages to
>>> perform an upgrade.
>>>
>>> For those users which absolutely need to upgrade, there are a few basic
>>> manipulations of the store directory that can be performed by hand or
>>> script (as they will repeat for each queue present).  While this is simple,
>>> it is error-prone, and I don't recommend it unless absolutely necessary.
>>> If you need this, I can provide a description of the steps needed.
>>>
>>> The discussion on this point can be seen here; it also contains an
>>> informational description of the directory change:
>>>

>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/qpid-users/201411.mbox/%3C1415731947.26261.81.camel%40localhost%3E
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> Kim
>>>

>> Hey Kim,
>> I'm actually running this in complete isolation, so it's a "fresh
>> install" so to speak. Having said that, qpidd doesn't seem to actually be
>> storing anything. I've pointed my store-dir to /var/run/qpidd, and I can
>> see there's a "qls" folder there, however when I add a durable topic the
>> size of that directory does not increase, and the topic doesn't show up
>> upon broker restart. Is there some configuration I'm missing? +1 to this
>> ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5493
>>
>> Matt
>>

> I should mention that my test case is just: qpid-config -a
> user/pass@localhost add exchange topic test.topic --durable
>
> Matt

For future reference, the store was being stored on /var/run, which is a
ram disk in this case. Not an issue when run from a regular disk, apologies
for the noise.

Matt

Re: 0.32 linear store

Posted by Matt Broadstone <mb...@gmail.com>.