Posted to cli-users@httpd.apache.org by marius popa <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/07 23:21:27 UTC

[cli-users] path must be root-ed error

I have 2 vb.net applications (moved from an iis server) and first
application worked (mounted as /application1)
I have asp-mounted in httpd.conf the right path for /application2 an
still get this error for it

Server Error in '/application2' Application.
Path must be rooted.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Path must be rooted.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Path must be rooted.]
   System.Web.Util.UrlPath.GetDirectory(String path) +161
   System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +46
   System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
   System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
   System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path) +44
   System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig) +691
   System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+95
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--
developer flamerobin.org

Re: [cli-users] Re: path must be root-ed error

Posted by marius popa <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> They must be two distinct AspNetMount directives, and two Alias
> directives.  Try reversing the order of the AspNetMount directives.
>
> marius popa wrote:
> > On 9/8/05, marius popa <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I have 2 vb.net applications (moved from an iis server) and first
> >>application worked (mounted as /application1)
> >>I have asp-mounted in httpd.conf the right path for /application2 an
> >>still get this error for it
> >
> > I i comment the aspnetmount for /application1 then /application2 it works
> > so is not a problem with it .
> > How do i make 2 applications to work under same vhost ?
> >
> >>Server Error in '/application2' Application.
> >>Path must be rooted.
> >>Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Path must be rooted.

Thank you i have moved two of applications  in another vhosts and it
works in the way you described it , First one is left in separate vost
, I will try to make all three be nice in single vhost.

-vhost1 works with /application1
-vhost2 works with /application2 and /application3

ps: it would be nice if worked like this
set Global application root in vhost then auto mount other
applications found inside : in my case applications 1,2,3

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by marius popa <ma...@gmail.com>.