Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/11/05 10:41:10 UTC

Definition of Lenya tabs

Hi Lenya developers,

ATM, the Lenya tabs have to be defined in every menu
file. This has two drawbacks:

- redundancy
- the admin area menu is not affected

So we should find another place for the tab definitions.

Here are some suggestions:

1) We could require a file, e.g.:

    my_pub/config/ui/tabs.xml

2) We could make the tab definition available via
    cocoon://lenya-tabs/{pub-id}

    This could be achieved by replacing menus.xmap with
    ui.xmap and handling the tabs and menu requests there.

    IMHO this would be an extensible and flexible approach
    for Lenya GUI configuration.

What do you think?

Re: Definition of Lenya tabs

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.com>.
On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 10:41, Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> ATM, the Lenya tabs have to be defined in every menu
> file.

> 2) We could make the tab definition available via
>     cocoon://lenya-tabs/{pub-id}
>
>     This could be achieved by replacing menus.xmap with
>     ui.xmap and handling the tabs and menu requests there.

I like this solution.