Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/27 08:09:53 UTC

Re: MyFaces 1.0.9: how old? how stable? what's next?

Sounds cool...

another thing is that I have suggested releasing a 1.0.10 (or a 1.1) - there
has not been much feedback though on this.

What's up, fellow committers, fancy a new release?

regards,

Martin

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well, I have this one or two example apps for MyFaces still up my sleeve,
let's see what they will be pulling off.

I can't change the student's project assignments in the middle of the run
though, them not really being my slaves at all (attention: they are
registered to this mailing list ;)

regards,

Martin

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:19:23 +0200
From: Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>
To: MyFaces Development <de...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Generating a facelets "myfaces.taglib.xml" file

It's rather simple and still useful IMO.
You just define the path of your (new) component in the according
build.properties (now called codegen.properties) and run one of the
targets generate-single-api-component, generate-single-impl-component
or generate-single-components-component depending on what kind of
component class files (API, Impl or Tomahawk) should be generated
("injected").
The generation seems to be broken after the reorg. I will have a look
on that soon. Next week I'm on vacation, so it will be second week of
August.

-Manfred

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Yes, of course. The simple examples are great just because they are
'simple' and serve as good documentation, and different examples may
should components with different configuration (as the tree2
examples), which is good...

Bruno

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: [XWALL HEURISTIC] Re: MyFaces 1.0.9: how old? how stable? what's next?

Posted by "joerg@artaker.at" <jo...@artaker.at>.
...I heard that!!!!  ;)

joerg

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well,

I do not agree with that... style is always important, wether this is good
or not is another question ;)

(Ruby on Rails partially thrives on style, e.g.)

regards,

Martin

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
I agree we have fixed a bunch of bugs lately and that is encouraging.
I'm just saying that we should make one last push today and tomorrow
to close a few more if we can.  I will put up the RC late Thursday if
everyone is agreeable.

sean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrique Medina <e....@gmail.com>.
+1 for next release 1.1.0 :-)

Excellent work!

Posted by Paul Klaer <pk...@infeurope.lu>.

Posted by "Klug, Boris " <Bo...@debeka.de>.
> +1 for next release 1.1.0 asap

A "me too" from here!

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 for next release 1.1.0 asap

Posted by Mathias Broekelmann <mb...@PSI.DE>.

Posted by Mathias Broekelmann <mb...@PSI.DE>.

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Bruno Aranda wrote:
> +1 It is many weeks ago for the last release and although there are no
> major features added, many many bugs have been fixes and we have had a
> great reorganization which is stable right now.
>
> Bruno

Cannot vote yet but I think the time for the next stable release is
ripe, due to the massiv bugfixes...

Re: MyFaces 1.0.9: how old? how stable? what's next?

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.