Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2016/08/08 09:12:13 UTC

[DRAFT] Project quarterly report to the board

All,

Our quarterly report to the board is due on Wednesday. I've drafted a
report below.

If there's no comments I'll submit this on Wednesday. If there are any
suggested changes then I will of course amend the report!

Thanks

Richard.

- Apache Brooklyn Project is a software framework for modeling,
  monitoring and managing cloud applications through autonomic
  blueprints.

## Issues:
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
- Development continues with a regular turnover of pull requests
  submitted and merged.
- Our GSoC student Jose Carrasco is working on adding PaaS support to
Apache Brooklyn. Mentor Andrea Turli reports that he is doing very well,
and Jose also comments that he is learning a great deal from Andrea.

## Health report:
- The project continues with a similar level of activity that we have seen
recently. There is a regular turnover of pull requests and commits, and
JIRA tickets, showing that development is at a healthy pace and that users
are feeding back their problems and feature suggestions.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 11 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was Jean-Baptiste Onofré and Olivier Lamy, who
  converted their mentor status to committer/PMC member on graduation.

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 11 committers.
- Last committer addition was Jean-Baptiste Onofré and Olivier Lamy,
  who converted their mentor status to committer/PMC member on
  graduation.

## Releases:

- No new releases since last report.
- 0.9.0 was released on Mon Apr 18 2016