Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Damian Gadomski <da...@polidea.com> on 2020/08/06 11:30:27 UTC

Failing Python builds & AppEngine application

Hey,

A strange thing happened a few hours ago. All python builds (e.g. [1])
started failing because of:

google.api_core.exceptions.NotFound: 404 The project apache-beam-testing
does not exist or it does not contain an active Cloud Datastore or Cloud
Firestore database. Please visit http://console.cloud.google.com to create
a project or
https://console.cloud.google.com/datastore/setup?project=apache-beam-testing
to add a Cloud Datastore or Cloud Firestore database. Note that Cloud
Datastore or Cloud Firestore always have an associated App Engine app and
this app must not be disabled.

I've checked that manually and the same error appeared while accessing [2].
Seems that we are using Cloud Datastore and indeed there was a default
AppEngine application [3] that was disabled and therefore Datastore was
inactive. I've just enabled back this app and the Datastore became active
again. Hopefully, that will fix the builds. Basing on the app statistics it
seems that someone disabled it around Aug 5, 21:00 UTC.

I saw the discussion on the devlist recently about the performance
monitoring. The app [3] is also serving the metrics on [4].
CC +Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>, +Kamil Wasilewski
<ka...@polidea.com> - as you were involved in the discussion
there regarding [4]. Perhaps you know something more about this app or at
least who may know? :)

[1] https://ci-beam.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_Python37/2681/console
[2] https://console.cloud.google.com/datastore?project=apache-beam-testing
[3]
https://console.cloud.google.com/appengine?project=apache-beam-testing&serviceId=default
[4] https://apache-beam-testing.appspot.com

Regards,
Damian

Re: Failing Python builds & AppEngine application

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Thanks for letting us know, Tyson!

I think in terms of data, everything is being reported to the new
InfluxDb instance now. Historic data is missing though, which would be
nice to have. Also, the graphs are still not 100% on par with the old
application.

Cheers,
Max

Posted by Tyson Hamilton <ty...@google.com>.