Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Antti Lankinen <an...@helsinki.fi> on 2013/09/26 06:27:24 UTC

Synchronization Task Execution "report"

Hi,

I synchronized data which is 5000 enties to syncope, but I see following
error message in core.log
and I don't see Synchronization Task Execution "report". All data was
however correctly created in syncope.

FailedObject: org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.beans.TaskExec@713b1ef8
Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Data
truncation: Data too long for column 'message' at row 1 {prepstmnt
2052176465 INSERT INTO TaskExec (id, endDate, message, startDate,
status, TASK_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)} [code=1406, state=22001] in
core.log

When I synchronized only 20 entries to syncope, I can see
Synchronization Task Executions"report".

Re: Synchronization Task Execution "report"

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 26/09/2013 09:44, Antti Lankinen wrote:
> On 09/26/2013 10:32 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> On 26/09/2013 06:27, Antti Lankinen wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I synchronized data which is 5000 enties to syncope, but I see
>>> following error message in core.log
>>> and I don't see Synchronization Task Execution "report". All data
>>> was however correctly created in syncope.
>>>
>>> FailedObject:
>>> org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.beans.TaskExec@713b1ef8
>>> Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Data
>>> truncation: Data too long for column 'message' at row 1 {prepstmnt
>>> 2052176465 INSERT INTO TaskExec (id, endDate, message, startDate,
>>> status, TASK_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)} [code=1406, state=22001]
>>> in core.log
>>>
>>> When I synchronized only 20 entries to syncope, I can see
>>> Synchronization Task Executions"report".
>>
>> Hi,
>> which Syncope version are you using? On which DBMS?
>>
>> The problem is of course that the TaskExec.message is too short to
>> contain the whole execution message for 5000 users; the point is that
>> this shouldn't happen since that column is configured as CLOB.
>>
>> As a workaround, you can set the SyncTasks's trace level to SUMMARY.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

> Hi,
>
>  Thank you for a quick answer.
>
>  Syncope 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT, MySQL.
>  I will test with SyncTasks's trace level to SUMMARY.

It seems that JPA annotation @Lob (without any further modifier) becomes
TEXT column type in MySQL; however, MySQL features some other TEXT
variants [1]: an idea could be to change the column definition for
TaskExec.message via SQL from TEXT to MEDIUMTEXT or LONGTEXT and then
restart Syncope (to let OpenJPA recognize the update).

Regards.

[1] http://boolean.co.nz/blog/max-length-for-mysql-text-field-types/135/

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Synchronization Task Execution "report"

Posted by Antti Lankinen <an...@helsinki.fi>.
On 09/26/2013 10:32 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 26/09/2013 06:27, Antti Lankinen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I synchronized data which is 5000 enties to syncope, but I see
>> following error message in core.log
>> and I don't see Synchronization Task Execution "report". All data was
>> however correctly created in syncope.
>>
>> FailedObject:
>> org.apache.syncope.core.persistence.beans.TaskExec@713b1ef8
>> Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Data
>> truncation: Data too long for column 'message' at row 1 {prepstmnt
>> 2052176465 INSERT INTO TaskExec (id, endDate, message, startDate,
>> status, TASK_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)} [code=1406, state=22001]
>> in core.log
>>
>> When I synchronized only 20 entries to syncope, I can see
>> Synchronization Task Executions"report".
>
> Hi,
> which Syncope version are you using? On which DBMS?
>
> The problem is of course that the TaskExec.message is too short to
> contain the whole execution message for 5000 users; the point is that
> this shouldn't happen since that column is configured as CLOB.
>
> As a workaround, you can set the SyncTasks's trace level to SUMMARY.
>
> Regards.

Hi,

  Thank you for a quick answer.

  Syncope 1.1.4-SNAPSHOT, MySQL.
  I will test with SyncTasks's trace level to SUMMARY.

Regards,
  Antti

Re: Synchronization Task Execution "report"

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.