Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by chintan4181 <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 21:51:22 UTC

JPA Parameterized query - SQL Injection

Hi,

I am not sure whether this is right forum but i have one question on
parameterized query. As per my knowledge to prevent(or minimize) SQL
Injection attack we should use parameterized query.

We are using JPA named queries which are parameterized. My question is,
since we are using parameterized query, am i safe with SQL injection or i
need to do define validation to escape special character to prevent SQL
Injection.

I have also read that most of Database vendor check escaping before
executing query.

can somebody help me to understand?

thanks
chintan

Re: JPA Parameterized query - SQL Injection

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Using parameterized and/or named queries should be safe from SQL injection
attacks.  SQL injection attacks can normally happen if you are performing
your own JPQL string manipulation with input from a user.  The use of
parameterized input values is much safer.

Kevin