Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Tan, Liao " <li...@citi.com> on 2008/06/23 19:13:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Port or SSL issue?

Folks,
 I have tried in many ways making my https certificate work out, but nothing yet.
 My apache is 2.0.46, HP-UX, and Listen 443 in http-ssl.conf. I´ve also asked the SA´s to start apache as root, and the https url doesnt work either. Have the certificate and ssl directives, except for the "LoadModule ... libexec/mod_ssl.so", ´cause I dont have the file mod_ssl.so. Some say no need of this file, other say yes, you need, so Im confused. So, do I really need this file to have my https working? If needed, how can I get it, without installing apache again?

If you can help me out, it´ll be helpful.

Thanks,
Ingrid

Re: [users@httpd] Port or SSL issue?

Posted by Patrick Horgan <ph...@gmail.com>.
Tan, Liao wrote:
> Folks,
>  I have tried in many ways making my https certificate work out, but nothing yet.
>  My apache is 2.0.46, HP-UX, and Listen 443 in http-ssl.conf. I´ve also asked the SA´s to start apache as root, and the https url doesnt work either. Have the certificate and ssl directives, except for the "LoadModule ... libexec/mod_ssl.so", ´cause I dont have the file mod_ssl.so. Some say no need of this file, other say yes, you need, so Im confused. So, do I really need this file to have my https working? If needed, how can I get it, without installing apache again?

Yes, the mod_ssl.so module contains the code that deals with ssl and you
actually need it.  The easiest way is the get the source code for the
same version of apache you have, rebuild it with the configuration set
to build all modules, then point your system administrator the the
mod_ssl.so that you built so that they can install it.  Your system
adminitrators should know how to do this themselves.

Patrick