Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ян Программист <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/15 11:11:42 UTC

DatabaseMetaData

By the way - is it normal to call getColumns(), getRowCount(), and so forth
without re-initializing DatabaseMetaData object? I mean in focus of
retrieving result sets. Any exceptions to expect in JDBC? John

Re: DatabaseMetaData

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.
On 04/15/10 11:11, Ян Программист wrote:
> By the way - is it normal to call getColumns(), getRowCount(), and so
> forth without re-initializing DatabaseMetaData object? I mean in focus
> of retrieving result sets. Any exceptions to expect in JDBC? John

Hi John,

It should be fine to reuse the DatabaseMetaData object. Actually, in
Derby, you'll get the exact same object if you call getMetaData() more
than once on the same connection, and there's no initialization or
re-initialization happening in getMetaData().

--
Knut Anders