Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rob Dingwell <bo...@mitre.org> on 2004/06/23 17:15:24 UTC

[configuration] Release Date

Hi,

Is there a planned release date for the commons-configuration package?
Also, is there currently a maven repository that contains the current
sanpshot builds or anything like that.

Thanks

Rob

Re: [configuration] Release Date

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@micropole-univers.com>.
Rob Dingwell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a planned release date for the commons-configuration package?

Hello, there is no planned release date, the "when it's ready" motto
applies here but we hope to release it as soon as the code is stabilized
and consolidated. Early July is my intended target for the 1.0 release
if no outstanding issue arise.

The remaning issues are :

- bug 29717 getKeys(String) broken in JNDIConfiguration (Eric if you can
get a look I'll need your help there)

- bug 29721 Saving XML configurations to another file (Altough it looks
like a feature enhancement its purpose is to make the save methods
easily testable)

- bug 29722 addProperty throws a NPE in DOMConfiguration

- bug 29734 DatabaseConfiguration doesn't support List properties

- bug 29616 getStringArray doesn't interpolate in CompositeConfiguration

- better test coverage, DOMConfiguration and JNDIConfiguration have
chunks of untested code.

- and the usual code formatting stuff :)

> Also, is there currently a maven repository that contains the current
> sanpshot builds or anything like that.

There are nightly snapshots here :

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-configuration/

and an outdated maven repository here :

http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-configuration/jars/

Anyone could instruct me on how to refresh the snapshot there ?

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: [configuration] Release Date

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Emmanuel has picked up the ball from me on getting 1.0 done..  He's been
going through the issues and really looking carefully at the state of the
code, so I think 1.0 will be arriving soon..   There are nightly builds
(done for all commons projects) and you can also grab a snapshot off of
jakarta.apache.org/turbine/repo

Eric