Posted to dev@river.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/01/18 10:39:29 UTC

[general] ICLAs?

Who of the initial committer list in the proposal has sent or faxed
an ICLA to the ASF?

geir

Re: [general] ICLAs?

Posted by Dan Creswell <da...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Who of the initial committer list in the proposal has sent or faxed an
> ICLA to the ASF?
>
> geir

Faxed mine in last Thursday - 11th of January.

Dan.

Re: [general] ICLAs?

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Who of the initial committer list in the proposal has sent or faxed an
> ICLA to the ASF?

Reading the ICLA and http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html I
understand transferring the code such as initially Sun and Artima are
doing and the committers later on doesn't result in joint copyright by
the ASF (others such as the FSF require a "copyright assignment" from
the contributors).

I wondered whether this has any consequence for the ASF to relicense the
code when changes to the ALv2 are required. I searched the ASF legal
mailing list, but couldn't find a similar question and I didn't feel
that it was that important to me to ask it there, but it keeps nagging
though. Maybe somebody knows the answer?

Mark

Re: [general] ICLAs?

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>.
I faxed mine last week.

Cheers,
Nige

Re: [general] ICLAs?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Jan 18, 2007, at 6:50 AM, Mark Brouwer wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> Who of the initial committer list in the proposal has sent or
>> faxed an ICLA to the ASF?
>
> I faxed a CLA, I assume that is equal to an ICLA?

Yes.  There are "CCLA"s and "ICLA"s - Corporate Contributor License
Agreements and Individual.....

It appears, though, that you used crayon or pastel on the paper :)

geir

Re: [general] ICLAs?

Posted by Mark Brouwer <ma...@cheiron.org>.