Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Gustavo Beneitez <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/16 15:50:55 UTC

ManifoldCF database model

Hi all,

how do you do? I was wandering if there is any technical document about
what is the meaning of each table in database, the relationship between
documents, repositories, jobs and any other output connector (some kind of
a database model).

We are facing some "garbage issues", jobs are created, duplicated, related
to transformations, linked to outputs (Elastic Search), played and finally
deleted, but in the end documents that should be also deleted against the
output connector,  sometimes they still are there, don't know if they are
visible because they point to an existing job, an unexpected job end or any
other failure.

We need to understand the database model in order to check when documents
stored in Elastic can be safely removed since they no longer are referred
by any process. A process that should be executed periodically every week,
for example.

Thanks in advance!

Re: ManifoldCF database model

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
You can enable repository connector debug logging by adding this to your
properties.xml:

<property name="org.apache.manifoldcf.connectors" value="DEBUG"/>

Having said that, the cleanup phase for all connectors is executed by the
framework.  We know the framework works because we have numerous
integration tests that exercise it.  But it's up to the ES connector to
delete documents and log the fact that it is deleting documents.  So I
suspect that it is the ES connector's delete functionality that is not
working properly.

If you told me that *no* documents show up in the Simple History as being
deleted during the cleanup phase, then there would obviously be a simple ES
connector bug involved.  But if there are multiple documents that *do* get
deleted, it's more complex than that.  Do you ever see *any* documents
deleted during the cleanup phase in the Simple History with the ES
connector?

Another easy check is to set up exactly the same job but with the output
going to the Null Output Connector.  This connector definitely logs
everything it sees.  Compare and contrast vs the ES output connector.  If
you see a difference, it's likely a bug in the ES connector that we'll have
to figure out.

Thanks,
Karl

Karl