Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2004/02/20 02:15:49 UTC

Re: Change in propget?

"Jeff Hinrichs" <je...@delasco.com> writes:
> Now, I've upgraded to 0.37, migrated from a linux based system to a
> FreeBSD and am now running svnserver instead of running subversion under
> apache.
> However, now the following request:
>   svn propget description svn://fmachine/testProject
>
> returns nothing.  In fact I can't get it grab the information from an URL
> only from a local WC.

When you say upgraded to 0.37, do you mean both server and client?
Did you dump/load your repository to deal with schema changes?

-K

Re: Change in propget?

Posted by Tobias Ringstrom <to...@ringstrom.mine.nu>.
Jeff Hinrichs wrote:
>>I've investigated further, and as far as I can see this is a bug in
>>libsvn_ra_svn.  See issue 1752 for details.  Listing or retrieving
>>properties (at least on a directory, haven't tried on a file yet) just
>>doesn't seem to work via ra_svn, and we don't have any tests for that
>>(that i can find) so nobody noticed until now.

Thanks Garrett for the nice reproduction recepie!

> Thanks for confirming.  Not a show stopper for me, but will be nice when
> it is fixed.  The svn dev team is doing a great job -- Congrats on the
> upcoming 1.0!

I've committed a fix now (r8802), and it will most likely be in 1.0.1.

/Tobias

Re: Change in propget?

Posted by Jeff Hinrichs <je...@delasco.com>.
Garrett Rooney said:

> On Feb 20, 2004, at 10:48 AM, Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
>> Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
>>
>>> 'svn propget' still works on URLs, even though 'svn help pg' seems to
>>> imply that it doesn't (*cough cough*).
>>> Here's an example:
>>> $ svn pg svn:eol-style \
>>> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/libsvn_wc/wc.h
>>> native
>>> I notice, however, that if you ask for the value of a propname that
>>> doesn't exist, it just prints nothing at all, no error.  That seems
>>> to be what you're seeing.  It makes me wonder if the property exists
>>> in your repository in the first place.  Try running 'svn proplist -v
>>> URL' to see all properties attached to the URL.
>>
>> One thing to note is that Jeff is using ra_svn while you guys are
>> testing with ra_dav.  Perhaps it's an ra_svn specific problem?
>
> I've investigated further, and as far as I can see this is a bug in
> libsvn_ra_svn.  See issue 1752 for details.  Listing or retrieving
> properties (at least on a directory, haven't tried on a file yet) just
> doesn't seem to work via ra_svn, and we don't have any tests for that
> (that i can find) so nobody noticed until now.
>
> -garrett
Garrett,

Thanks for confirming.  Not a show stopper for me, but will be nice when
it is fixed.  The svn dev team is doing a great job -- Congrats on the
upcoming 1.0!

Also, I apologize for not keeping up with the releases.  If I had been
tracking closer this would have shown up earlier.

jeff hinrichs

Re: Change in propget?

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: Change in propget?