Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2015/03/18 11:14:10 UTC

Why we should use "Apache OFBiz" instead of OFBiz

Just read this http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand

Notably
<< the power of using the Microsoft brand over just Windows or Internet Explorer, and showed off some research data on a new name for the company’s
browser vs. Internet Explorer. Putting Microsoft in front of the new secret name increased the appeal to some Chrome users in the UK. "Just by putting
the Microsoft name in front of it, the delta for Chrome users on appeal is incredibly high,">>

It's intuitive but now we have data to prove it :)

Jacques

Re: Why we should use "Apache OFBiz" instead of OFBiz

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
On Mar 18, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apache OFBiz in all 'official' postings and OFBiz in informal
> communications is acceptable.

+1

Jacopo

Re: Why we should use "Apache OFBiz" instead of OFBiz

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Agreed, of course I did not mean to force every person in every occasion to type/use "Apache OFBiz" instead of "OFBiz" ;)

Thanks for the clarification

Jacques
PS: maybe one day people will use AO like they did for IE  :D

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.