Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by aroche <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/29 18:21:59 UTC

Slice bug?

Hi there,

I think there is a bug in OpenJPA Slices for Bulk Update Queries (At least
for Bulk Delete Statements).

So, if doing a bulk JPQL delete (E.G. "delete from Entity e where e.id in
:ids"), - all slices are hit with the query regardless of Policy plugins and
Query hints set to target just one slice.

I have implemented DistributionPolicy, FinderTargetPolicy and
QueryTargetPolicy as well as setting the "openjpa.hint.slice.Target" hint on
the query and EntityManager.
As far as I can see, all slices are hit regardless of the above when we
newed to just target 1 Slice. This causes big problems for us, as some
tables for not exist in all slices and queries fail.

Before I go ahead and raise this in JIRA as a bug, - I'm wondering if anyone
has anything to add, or if its a known issue.

Thanks,
Alan