Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ch...@cendec.com on 2001/08/21 20:04:41 UTC

Accept Input Parameter During Execution Time

Folks,

I would like to know if there is any way that I can pass in an input
parameter to ant during execution time (e.g. pass in the filename to be
deleted by ant,etc.).  I would think this question should already be asked
by someone.  However, I cannot find it from the archive 8(

Thanks in advance

Chris

Re: Accept Input Parameter During Execution Time

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@earthlink.net>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#passing-cli-args

    -or-

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=471794

    Erik

Posted by Mitchell Ackermann <mi...@epsiia.com>.
pretty simple...

commandline:
ant -Dfilename=<name of file>

build.xml:
<project name="x" default="delete-file" basedir=".">
  <target name="delete-file">
    <delete file="${filename}"/>
  </target>
</project>