Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@webtuitive.com> on 2003/07/01 00:36:10 UTC

Re: Whitespace Galore!

Rick Ross wrote:

> This exact character sequence:
> <%@page language="java" buffer="12kb" autoFlush="false" %><%@ taglib
> uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %><c:if test="{true}"
> <c:redirect url="http://google.com" /></c:if>
>
> Will always fail on my system.  (notice I have no newlines.)  In this case,
> the _jsp.java file does not have a single out.write() statement, yet it
> still fails.  It's not the c:redirect either, because <%
> response.sendRedirect() %> fails there as well.

> And finally, of course I have other problems!!  I'm writing to this list,
> aren't I?

Yeah, I think that's key :-)  This following snippet will redirect
if it's at the top, middle, wherever of a page on my system, which
is Tomcat 4.1.18, JDK 1.4.0, W2K.

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<c:if test="${true}">
	<c:redirect url="http://google.com/"/>
</c:if>

And I've never had any problems with redirects, as scriptlets or as
taglib output.

So I'd say there's something suspect in your installation. When you
say the redirect fails, is there anything logged?

                           dream.  code.

Re: Whitespace Galore!

Posted by Rick Ross <rr...@stupendousman.com>.
No war!  Peace, Not War!