Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2010/03/08 15:12:19 UTC

[VOTE] Remove JcrResourceTypeProvider interface

Hi,

in order to finish our recent discussions about the
JcrResourceTypeProvider and alternatives, I call for a vote to remove
the current JcrResourceTypeProvider interface completly.

As discussed we'll add a new functionality, the ResourceDecorator, which
has a more general approach and covers more use cases.

If we agree to remove the JcrResourceTypeProvider this would break
potential implementations - however, there shouldn't be that many and
converting those implementations to the ResourceDecorator interface
should be easy.

So please cast your votes.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Remove JcrResourceTypeProvider interface

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for voting; the vote passed with +1 votes from Bertrand
Delacretaz, Carsten Ziegeler, Felix Meschberger, Vidar Ramdal, Ian
Boston, Eric Norman, and Justin Edelson.

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler  wrote
> Hi,
>
> in order to finish our recent discussions about the
> JcrResourceTypeProvider and alternatives, I call for a vote to remove
> the current JcrResourceTypeProvider interface completly.
>
> As discussed we'll add a new functionality, the ResourceDecorator, which
> has a more general approach and covers more use cases.
>
> If we agree to remove the JcrResourceTypeProvider this would break
> potential implementations - however, there shouldn't be that many and
> converting those implementations to the ResourceDecorator interface
> should be easy.
>
> So please cast your votes.

+1

Carsten

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...in order to finish our recent discussions about the
> JcrResourceTypeProvider and alternatives, I call for a vote to remove
> the current JcrResourceTypeProvider interface completly....

+1

-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Remove JcrResourceTypeProvider interface

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to finish our recent discussions about the
> JcrResourceTypeProvider and alternatives, I call for a vote to remove
> the current JcrResourceTypeProvider interface completly.
>
> As discussed we'll add a new functionality, the ResourceDecorator, which
> has a more general approach and covers more use cases.
>
> If we agree to remove the JcrResourceTypeProvider this would break
> potential implementations - however, there shouldn't be that many and
> converting those implementations to the ResourceDecorator interface
> should be easy.
>
> So please cast your votes.

+1

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway

Re: [VOTE] Remove JcrResourceTypeProvider interface

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Justin

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
+1

Regards
Felix

Posted by Eric Norman <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Mar 8, 2010 12:03 PM, "Ian Boston" <ie...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:

On 8 Mar 2010, at 14:12, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So please cast your votes.
+1 Ian

Re: [VOTE] Remove JcrResourceTypeProvider interface

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
On 8 Mar 2010, at 14:12, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So please cast your votes.

+1 Ian