Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk> on 2009/06/22 16:22:09 UTC

[Announce] New tapestry libraries - ioko-tapestry-commons

Hi,

I would like to announce a new tapestry component library -
ioko-tapestry-commons -
http://tapestry.formos.com/projects/ioko-tapestry-commons/. This contains 3
components

   - Tapestry Caching - Provides caching of the generated HTML for a page
   snippet
   - Tapestry SWF Object - Provides a component that adds a SWF object to
   the page and includes 'swfobject' javascript library to add it. Includes an
   'easy' way of binding flashvars.
   - Tapestry Cache Control - Provides a component that a HTTP headers to
   control page caching based on global settings and page specific annotations

These are components that ioko have developed as part of one of our R&D
projects and have/intend to use on our client projects.

Ben Gidley
---www.ioko.comwww.gidley.co.uk

Re: [Announce] New tapestry libraries - ioko-tapestry-commons

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
It's very nice to see more projects based on Tapestry and Tapestry-IoC
being released, and from more people. The more, the better. :)
Don't forget to file a documentation JIRA asking for inclusion of your
project in the Tapestry home page.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: [Announce] New tapestry libraries - ioko-tapestry-commons

Posted by Ben Gidley <be...@gidley.co.uk>.
For now they will be GPL V3 - you are right that does limit them to
'internal' (e.g. where no distribution) or open source projects.
We can't change this right now - but it is something we will consider over
time.
Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk
ben@gidley.co.uk

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
The GPL is about distributing software. If you do not distribute your web application you should be
able to run GPL licensed software without disclosing your sources.

Uli

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Juan E. Maya" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Very nice!! Thanks a lot! I will be trying them in a few days for sure :)

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.