Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com> on 2001/07/12 17:56:42 UTC

RE: multiple checkboxes (was: Radio Button Example using boolean?)

Suhas -

> I already posted a answer to Q like this [using radio buttons]
Yes indeed - many thanks for that!!!  :-)

It was quite helpful - a lot of folks answer with partial snippets, but
don't cover all that is necessary to make the thing work. Even the example
apps (which are the model I've been following for much help) sometimes make
it difficult to apply when for example, the multi-select is populated by a
page-context scriptlet instead of the Action...or should it come from the
form....and then how does the syntax of the tag change... etc. etc.

Unfortunately, these details which may be obvious to those experienced with
the framework - cause headaches for those of us who are just starting out.

Struts has been a bit complicated to get started with. Code has to be
written in 4 or more places (struts-config, action class, form class, view
JSP, model bean, view bean).

It's all starting to make sense - but it's a _tremendous_ help to see
complete examples with all the details included.

Thanks again!
Timothy