Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jan van den Berg <ja...@isp.solcon.nl> on 2007/03/06 14:20:06 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_actions.c: Action to take more arguments

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to enable the Action command in my VirtualHost to
not only pass a script/cgi to the Action command but also an argument,
so like  this
Action my_script.sh -c my.config or whatever.

This doesn't seem possible right now because when I try this I get the
following error:

"Action takes two arguments, a media type followed by a script name"

Is this easy to fix/workaround, do I have to hack the source for this?
Are there other ways of doing this?

Cheers.

Jan

Re: [users@httpd] mod_actions.c: Action to take more arguments

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 06/03/07, Jan van den Berg <ja...@isp.solcon.nl> wrote:
> "Action takes two arguments, a media type followed by a script name"
>
> Is this easy to fix/workaround, do I have to hack the source for this?
> Are there other ways of doing this?

Just write a wrapper script that calls your cgi with the argument,
passing on stdin and stdout and the enviroment.

--
noodl