Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by An...@cabs.co.zw on 2004/06/10 12:55:55 UTC

Dynamic Proxy and JDO plugin

Hi all,

I am trying to use the JDO plugin API with OJB, but I am getting an Out of
Memory Error when i try to obtain a list of Clients from an informix
Table.  The table stores over a million records.  Is there any way of
getting round this problem using JDO.  I know with the Persistence Broker
interface you have the option of using an Iterator instead of a collection
or you can make use of proxies.  Is it possible to use dynamic proxies
with the JDO plugin.  If not, then does anyone know when the version of
OJB that incorporates JDO will become available.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew Peirson.

Re: Dynamic Proxy and JDO plugin

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Unfortunately the JDO plugin doesn't respect proxies -- it is a pain =/

We are working on JDO 1.0.1 right now, and intend to do 2.0 as soon as
possible. There has been some discussion of not bothering with a native
1.0.1 in favor of going straight for 2.0, but as the 2.0 spec isn't
released yet...

-Brian