Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pedro <pe...@libero.it> on 2008/11/17 14:17:08 UTC

Improve speed

Hi all
    my target is to improve the speed of my print process.
    I have a report tha is created by an AreaTreeProcessor and then is
displayed by Acrobat and
    is too slow.
    I debug the application and i see that the creation process have
appreciable  lifetime,but the problem
    is when i show the document.
    I try to use Foxit bu i haven't a good performance,the only thing that i
can do is
    to use AWTREnderer but he has pèroblem on rendering and on printing on
some printer.
    My answer is if is possible to improve the speed of the show process
using Foxit or Acrobat?

Thanks!

Re: Improve speed

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 18 Nov 2008, at 09:41, pedro wrote:

Hi Pedro

> Thanks Andreas !
> But is possible,is not my sensation but is a customer's
> sensation(.....)
> that the change from release 0.93 to 0.95 can decrease the
> performance?

That is definitely possible, since 0.95 is more feature-complete than
0.93, and more features almost always imply some increase in resource-
consumption/processing-time.

To be certain, you would need to run a series of comparative timings
using the exact same document(s). You're welcome to provide us with
more details. If we get a general impression of where to start looking
for optimizations, there's a greater chance that some fop-dev will
pick it up.

Cheers

Andreas

Re: Improve speed