Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Yadav, Yogendra (IT)" <Yo...@morganstanley.com> on 2006/09/20 23:02:00 UTC

stopping maven 1.0 from downloading jars

Hi,
I am using maven1.0 for the first time to build AXIS2 project. When I
execute maven on command line it tries to download jars which are
already present in lib directory. The download is blocked in my company
therefore it times out and build is not successful. How do I get around
this problem.

-yogen

Re: stopping maven 1.0 from downloading jars

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
SNAPSHOTs are always checked against the remote repo, to see if a
newer SNAPSHOT build is available. If so, it is downloaded and used
rather than the current SNAPSHOT version.

You will need to run maven offline to guarantee these Maven will not
attempt to update these artifacts during the execution.

Wayne

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
This is all documented on the Maven 1.x website, specifically the
Reference, Command Line section at the following URL:
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/command-line.html

Wayne

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
use the offline option