Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Smith <ms...@xn.com.au> on 2002/11/04 01:43:34 UTC

Re: ACL sematic changed

"Pill, Juergen" wrote:

> Hi Slider,
>
> I added a switch to the NamspaceTokenImpl which allows to run slide with the
> legacy all-grant-before-any-deny or with the changed/fixed
> all-grant-before-any-deny semantic. To run with the legacy acl semanitc add
> the following parameter: <parameter
> name="acl_semantics">legacy-all-grant-before-any-deny</parameter> to the
> <configuration> of your namespace in the Domain.xml file. But however, if
> you run with the legacy sematic where the order of the ACEs in the ACL is
> not relevant, you still build up on a bug. The old and new ACL standard
> defines that the order in which the ACEs appear in an ACL is relevant if the
> all-grant-before-any-deny ACL semantic is used.
> regards Eckehard

I suppose this is better than nothing, but I wasn't really arguing for
the reinstatement of the old behaviour. Rather, I was arguing that it is
_neccesary_ to make changes elsewhere (probably in the store interface,
but perhaps it'd be possible to do it in other ways) to make this new
behaviour work reliably.

Michael