Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr> on 2006/12/12 15:11:05 UTC

compatibility Maven Eclipse 3.2 and wtp

hi;

i try to integrate maven  multiproject on eclipse 3.2. i use tomcat 5.5,
when i start the server, Eclipse dont publish the dependencies.

is  maven eclipse plugin compatible with the Eclipse 3.2, perhapse I must
upgrade the  pluging ?? how can i do that?

thanks..

Re: compatibility Maven Eclipse 3.2 and wtp

Posted by Ian Petzer <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think we had a similar problem a while ago. I'm not sure but I think
you need to set the correct WTP version. (1.5.x for eclipse 3.2) (see
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/)

So in your plugin configuration you'll need:

     <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.3-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <wtpversion>1.5</wtpversion>
        </configuration>

You need version 2.3-SNAPSHOT to support wtpversion=1.5 (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg55803.html)

Hope this helps

Ian

Posted by lmk <lo...@casden.banquepopulaire.fr>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/06, bjorn.de.bakker@accenture.com
<bj...@accenture.com> wrote:
> Everytime you add a dependency, you need to run mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.0
>
> Especially the last part is important.  Then check your .component file, to see whether the dependencies were added.  If so, Eclipse should publish your dependencies to the lib-folder.

Or add this to pom.xml, into <build><plugins> section:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
   <configuration>
     <wtpversion>1.0</wtpversion>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

so you don't have to add -D option during mvn invocation.

Regards,
Tomek

Posted by Muhammad AlSebaey <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

we solved the need to recreating the eclipse files each time a dependency is
added by adding:

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/lib"
source-path="/target/yourprojectname/WEB-INF/lib"/>

to the .component file (or th e org.wst.common.components file in wtp 1.5+)
,

Notice the dir referenced above is generated by maven when assembling the
war file, so we make use of it...

Hope this helps

wrote:

> Everytime you add a dependency, you need to run mvn eclipse:eclipse
> -Dwtpversion=1.0
>
> Especially the last part is important.  Then check your .component file,
> to see whether the dependencies were added.  If so, Eclipse should publish
> your dependencies to the lib-folder.

Best Regards,
Muhammad Alsebaey

RE: compatibility Maven Eclipse 3.2 and wtp

Posted by bj...@accenture.com.