Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org> on 2009/01/01 14:05:24 UTC

Happy New Year!

Hi All

Wish each and everyone of you a Very Happy and Peaceful New Year!

We've had another successful year in the Synapse community, and its been
a real pleasure to work with you all. I think 2009 has exciting times
ahead for us, and I am really looking forward to dedicating more of my
time to see widespread user adoption of Synapse, and other companies
embracing its underlying technology in higher level stacks this year.

Cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by Pasquale Campitiello <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Hiranya.

As I delineated before, I have a client which can be used to invoke my
service remotely.
With my client I can use one of these three stubs obtaining the same correct
result:

// It refers to the service deployed in Axis2 in TomCat
 stub = new SumCalculatorStub("*
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SumCalculator*");

// It refers to the service deployed in Axis2 within Synapse
 stub = new SumCalculatorStub("*http://localhost:9000/soap/SumCalculator*");

// It refers to the service visible through transport URL of Synapse
 stub = new SumCalculatorStub("*http://localhost:8280/soap/SumCalculator*");

Now:

*1)* how can I try some modifications to it, so that instead of directly
invoking the
Axis2 service, it sends the request to Synapse?
Is there a relation with the transport URL of Synapse http://localhost:8280?

*2)* if I resolve the question 1) what will I see in the Synapse prompt?
The SOAP request-response, or a simple notification of the flow?

*3)* running the sample 150 I saw a reference at some WSDL files in
%SYNAPSE_HOME%\repository\conf\sample\resources\proxy.
What are this files? How can I generate them?

Thank you.

Pasquale

Some files:
*
[C:\Programmi\Apache Software
Foundation\synapse-1.2\repository\conf\synapse.xml]*

<!--
  ~  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
  ~  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
  ~  distributed with this work for additional information
  ~  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
  ~  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
  ~  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
  ~  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
  ~
  ~   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  ~
  ~  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
  ~  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
  ~   * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
  ~  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
  ~  specific language governing permissions and limitations
  ~  under the License.
  -->
<!-- A simple Synapse configuration -->
<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">

    <in>
        <!-- Log all messages passing through -->
        <log level="full"/>

        <!-- ensure that the default configuration only sends if it is one
of samples -->
        <!-- Otherwise Synapse would be an open proxy by default
(BAD!)               -->
        <filter source="get-property('To')" regex="http://localhost:9000.*">
            <!-- Send the messages where they have been sent (i.e. implicit
"To" EPR) -->
            <send/>
        </filter>
    </in>
    <out>
        <send/>
    </out>
</definitions>

*[The SumCalculator web service]*

public class SumCalculator
{
     public double getSum(double num1, double num2)
     {
         return num1 + num2;
     }
}

*[The client SumCalculatorServiceClient in my Eclipse workspace]*

package ws.example;

public class SumCalculatorServiceClient
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
        SumCalculatorStub stub;

        try
        {
            //stub = new SumCalculatorStub("
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SumCalculator");
            stub = new SumCalculatorStub("
http://localhost:9000/soap/SumCalculator");
            //stub = new SumCalculatorStub("
http://localhost:8280/soap/SumCalculator");
            double num1_value = 32;
            double num2_value = -19;

            SumCalculatorStub.GetSum somma = new SumCalculatorStub.GetSum();
            somma.setNum1(num1_value);
            somma.setNum2(num2_value);

            SumCalculatorStub.GetSumResponse res = stub.getSum(somma);
            System.out.println("num1 + num2 = " + num1_value + " + " +
num2_value + " = " + res.get_return());

        }
        catch (Exception e)
        {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pasquale,

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by Pasquale Campitiello <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pasquale,
FYI, you can learn more about developing Axis2 Web Services with Eclipse
from [1] and [2]. As Asanka has pointed out you cannot just develop a
service using the Eclipse WS framework and deploy it into Axis2. You need to

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Pasquale
> I created within Eclipse a fast and simple web service, it sums two numbers.
> I followed and adapted this instructions:
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components/ws/1.5/tutorials/BottomUpWebService/BottomUpWebService.html
> [http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/jst/components/ws/1.5/tutorials/index.html
> ].
>
> I deployed that web service using TomCat 5.5 within Eclipse. Now I have the
> client with JSP files at http://localhost:8080/SumWSClient.

I am not familiar with Eclipse web services/tools.. however, if this is
a standard web service it might have a WSDL. You could use Apache Axis2
to generate a client for your service using this WSDL. See standard

Re: Happy New Year!

Posted by Pasquale Campitiello <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Asankha,

reading about SimpleStockQuoteService I got this page
http://people.apache.org/~asankha/synapse/statsvn/1.0/dir_modules_samples_services_SimpleStockQuoteService.html<http://people.apache.org/%7Easankha/synapse/statsvn/1.0/dir_modules_samples_services_SimpleStockQuoteService.html>,
I read your name and I mail to you.

[...]

Thanks, and I wish a happy new year too!

*Pasquale

*