Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Daniel <em...@7thfire.com> on 2006/01/26 18:44:57 UTC

choosing perl version

Hi,

I have two seperate versions of perl installed on my host machine where
embperl.

The embperl has always been loading the wrong one, and I've been making
custom installatiosn for the modules every time. this is ofcourse
tedious, and I wonder if I can select which version for it to use?

or is that purely based on which mod_perl.so my distro installs?

-d

RE: choosing perl version

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> I have two seperate versions of perl installed on my host
> machine where embperl.
>
> The embperl has always been loading the wrong one, and I've
> been making custom installatiosn for the modules every time.
> this is ofcourse tedious, and I wonder if I can select which
> version for it to use?
>
> or is that purely based on which mod_perl.so my distro installs?

Mod_perl decides on the Perl Version, because Embperl is loaded by mod_perl,
but of course you decide which mod_perl.so you load into your Apache server.

Gerald

** Virus checked by BB-5000 Mailfilter **