Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by System <sy...@eluminoustechnologies.com> on 2003/05/17 13:06:36 UTC

Want teacher for tomcat.....

Hello All,

I am newbie to tomcat. I tried configuring tomcat but seems to be difficult.
The document available on apache and some I googled around does not seems to
be sufficient.

Can anyone please help me in learning tomcat.

Thank you,

Tina....

Re: Want teacher for tomcat.....

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Complete step-by-step HOWTO here, for Red HAt Linux, Windows 2000/XP, and
Solaris 8:

http://www.johnturner.com/howto

Also:

http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net

John

Re: Want teacher for tomcat.....

Posted by Chong Yu Meng <ch...@cymulacrum.net>.
System wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am newbie to tomcat. I tried configuring tomcat but seems to be difficult.
>The document available on apache and some I googled around does not seems to
>be sufficient.
>
>Can anyone please help me in learning tomcat.

Hi Tina !

Have you considered the document I wrote ? It can be found at
http://linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/tomcat4.1x.html  . I wrote it to
address a lot of questions I used to get in my previous jobs about
Tomcat, from people who do not use Tomcat or Linux or Java. It's a
tutorial-type document which you have to work through, but it should
(hopefully) get you up to speed (install, configure Tomcat, write your
first servlet and deploy it) quickly.

HTH
pascal chong