Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2015/10/08 20:23:54 UTC

xml schema locations

I filed a JIRA for changing the xml schema location from pivotal to apache,
see GEODE-386.

I'm proposing hosting the schemas at

http://geode.incubator.apache.org/schema/cache

For example:
http://geode.incubator.apache.org/schema/cache/cache-1.0.xsd

Does this meet with everyone's approval? Will there be an issues with
putting schemas in this location on the website?

-Dan

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Yep, I think it's really project dependent, so we should be fine using our
website as well.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by Jacob Barrett <jb...@pivotal.io>.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Niall! I've Just updated GEODE-386.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
After a quick google search, looks like other projects kept the original
schema namespace during incubation and migrated to apache once they become
TLP.

For instance:

http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-4.1.0-incubator.xsd
targetNamespace="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.3.2.xsd
targetNamespace="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"

But that doesn't avoid the need for change once it graduates...

+1 for Dan's proposal.

Re: xml schema locations

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.