Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashif Khan <up...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/03 15:14:08 UTC

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Thanks for sharing your intellectual knowledge but my basic question is not
answered that whether either solr or lucene is using any method to calculate
quantiles and/or using it anyway the quantiles anywhere if yes. Then i want
to make use of the same thing rather creating a new one

Re: Quantiles in SOLR ???

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Kashif,

my knowledge in probability is limited but I believe the simple similarity function can be seen as a quantile.
You can read about it in many places, I believe I read it in the Lucene in Action book.

paul