Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yuta Okamoto <ok...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/26 15:56:06 UTC

finagle-kafka

Hi, all.

I'm developing Kafka client in Netty and Twitter's Finagle from
scratch. It enables us to handle Kafka more functional and composable
way based on "Future" monad. We can also utilize many features, such
as load balancing, timeouts, retries and metrics, provided by Finagle.

https://github.com/okapies/finagle-kafka

I have already implemented the Kafka protocol in Netty and it can
interact with _single_ broker. Compression and partitioning features
are not supported at the moment but they are not difficult to
implement I think.

I want your feedbacks and contributions! I don't know Kafka's "real
usecase" in the wild and can't decide what interface is useful.

You can try it easily through Scala's REPL (sbt console). Please
examine it and give me issues and pull requests on the github.

Best regards,
Yuta

Re: finagle-kafka

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yuta,

Thanks for the update. Once it's mature enough, we can link it off the
kafka wiki.

Jun