Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by VN <dr...@mail333.com> on 2010/12/24 14:06:22 UTC

[AsyncWeb] dealing with large responses

Hello,

I am implementing an avatar server which handles http request and sends
several pictures (avatars) in multi-part response. It works but the
whole response should be placed into HttpResponse object (containing
IoBuffer) before sending it to network. This causes constant garbage
allocation.

I have found the following discussion from Feb 2008:
http://markmail.org/message/dkoidsnvazm337ng#query:asyncweb%20chunked+page:1+mid:dkoidsnvazm337ng+state:results

"
Special care needs to be taken to ensure that we can handle LARGE
to provide an elegant way to deal with chunked-encoding in an
event-driven fashion.
"
(written by Mike Heath)

Are there any changes somewhere in asyncweb code or maybe any plans to
support it?

Thanks

Victor N

Re: [AsyncWeb] dealing with large responses

Posted by VN <dr...@mail333.com>.
I will try and let you know if I get something working ;)

Victor N

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM, VN <dr...@mail333.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am implementing an avatar server which handles http request and sends
> several pictures (avatars) in multi-part response. It works but the whole
> response should be placed into HttpResponse object (containing IoBuffer)
> before sending it to network. This causes constant garbage allocation.
>
> I have found the following discussion from Feb 2008:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/dkoidsnvazm337ng#query:asyncweb%20chunked+page:1+mid:dkoidsnvazm337ng+state:results
>
> "
> Special care needs to be taken to ensure that we can handle LARGE responses
> without loading the entire request into memory. We also need to provide an
> elegant way to deal with chunked-encoding in an event-driven fashion.
> "
> (written by Mike Heath)
>
> Are there any changes somewhere in asyncweb code or maybe any plans to
> support it?

Note that I know of. If you feel, like proposing a patch for it, we will
consider injecting it into the code base !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com