Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2003/03/11 01:43:41 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-iconv/build modules.mk.win

wrowe@apache.org wrote:

>wrowe       2003/03/10 16:13:29
>
>  Modified:    build    modules.mk.win
>  Log:
>    We no longer want or need /debugtype:both and we've discovered that
>    /pdbtype:sept is harmful (it assures that we don't get locals and other
>    type information in the final .pdb symbols database.)  However, /opt:ref
>    would be helpful for release builds since it optimized away unused
>    packaged functions.

Cool! Just what I wanted. The Subversion distro (without .pdb files) is
again around 4 megs.

However, I noticed that the "install" target copies both *.pdb and
*_src.pdb. Wasn't another patch of yours supposed to address this?

Re: cvs commit: apr-iconv/build modules.mk.win

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>At 06:43 PM 3/10/2003, Branko ÄŒibej wrote:
>

>>However, I noticed that the "install" target copies both *.pdb and
>>*_src.pdb. Wasn't another patch of yours supposed to address this?
>>

>You will probably have to wipe out the apr-iconv/Lib[D|R]/iconv and
>apr-iconv/[Release|Debug]/iconv trees to rid yourself of the 'old' _src.pdb
>files ... make clean of the modules.mk.win will also do this.

Ah, yes, you're right. Everything works just fine now; thanks!

Re: cvs commit: apr-iconv/build modules.mk.win

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 06:43 PM 3/10/2003, Branko Čibej wrote:
>wrowe@apache.org wrote:
>
>>wrowe       2003/03/10 16:13:29
>>
>>  Modified:    build    modules.mk.win
>>  Log:
>>    We no longer want or need /debugtype:both and we've discovered that
>>    /pdbtype:sept is harmful (it assures that we don't get locals and other
>>    type information in the final .pdb symbols database.)  However, /opt:ref
>>    would be helpful for release builds since it optimized away unused
>>    packaged functions.
>>

>Cool! Just what I wanted. The Subversion distro (without .pdb files) is
>again around 4 megs.
>
>However, I noticed that the "install" target copies both *.pdb and
>*_src.pdb. Wasn't another patch of yours supposed to address this?

You will probably have to wipe out the apr-iconv/Lib[D|R]/iconv and
apr-iconv/[Release|Debug]/iconv trees to rid yourself of the 'old' _src.pdb
files ... make clean of the modules.mk.win will also do this.

Bill