Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com> on 2007/03/28 18:49:17 UTC

jms

I want to setup a JMS queue in service mix and publish it for invocation
in Tomcat.

I've installed the shared library and the jms component but I am unsure
what to do next.

I'm unfamiliar with ServiceMix, JMS, and ActiveMQ although I've been
trying to figure this out from documentation.

Can somebody give me some rough steps to configure and use?

Shawn

RE: jms

Posted by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com>.
Where do I put the xbean.xml and how do I register it or does it
auto-find/register it?

Shawn

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 3/30/07, Garner, Shawn <sh...@vangent.com> wrote:
> It was Service Mix 3.1 binary.

> Also I'm getting an ERROR starting ServiceMix 3.1:
> ERROR - LogTask                        - java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> conf\log4j.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

The issue above with the log4j.xml file was fixed in the trunk after
the 3.1 release:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-854

An easy workaround for this issue is to start ServiceMix from the root
directory instead of from within the bin/ directory.

> Also I'm getting this in when I click on view in the ServiceMix Console:
>
> Shawn
> HTTP Status 500 -
>

> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented
> it from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: dot -Tsvg "D:\apps\Tomcat
> 5.5\temp\smx_57617.dot" -o"D:\apps\Tomcat 5.5\temp\smx_57618.dot.svg"
> error=2
>         java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
>         java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:81)
>         java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:30)
>         java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:451)
>         java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:591)
>         java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:429)
>         java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:326)
>
> org.apache.servicemix.web.view.DotView.renderMergedOutputModel(DotView.j
> ava:71)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.ja
> va:249)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServl
> et.java:1105)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherS
> ervlet.java:841)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherSe
> rvlet.java:755)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(Framewor
> kServlet.java:396)
>
> org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.
> java:350)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
>
> org.apache.servicemix.web.filter.ApplicationContextFilter.doFilter(Appli
> cationContextFilter.java:81)
>
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.
> java:118)
>
> com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.j
> ava:52)
>
> note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
> Tomcat/5.5.20 logs.
> Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

I'm not quite sure about the issue above with the DotView dot file
generator. Is this functionality critical for your environment? I was
just able to reproduce this so I filed an issue on it here:

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-914

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

RE: jms + errors

Posted by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com>.
It was Service Mix 3.1 binary.

________________________________

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: jms + errors

--
perl -e 'print
unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"

Re: jms + errors

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: jms + errors

Posted by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com>.
Where are the instructions telling me to install the dot application and
what website do I get the dot application from?

Shawn

The dot executable which is used to render the diagrams
must be accesible in the path. I agree this need a bit more
explanation, but if you download it and set your PATH enviroment
variable correctly, it will work.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: jms + errors

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

RE: jms + errors

RE: jms

Posted by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@vangent.com>.
Also it says this but I can't find this to configure via the ServiceMix
Console, is this not the JMX console?:

Several parameters can be configured using a JMX console.

Configuration

Name

Type

Description

userName

String

UserName used to create a connection

password

String

Password used to create a connection

jndiInitialContextFactory

String

Default JNDI InitialContext factory

false

jndiProviderUrl

String

Default JNDI provider url

jndiName

String

Default JNDI name to lookup the JMS ConnectionFactory

Re: jms

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 3/28/07, Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a FAQ entry about creating a SU here:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/what-is-a-jbi-su-and-how-do-i-create-one.html
>
> But I haven't finished the FAQ entry about creating the SA yet.

I've now completed the FAQ entry about creating a SA here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=50299

For some reason it has not been exported as static HTML yet, hence the
wiki URL.

Bruce
);'

Re: jms