Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bieringer, Dominik" <DB...@thegoldensource.com> on 2006/10/30 09:05:47 UTC

AutoSortable and custom converters

Hi,

as suggested to my last question, I am now using custom converters to
get messages from my message bundle. I'm facing problems with auto
sortable datatables now.

I've the following:

<t:column sortable="true">

      <f:facet name="header"><h:outputText
value="#{Msg.Check_TableResult_HeaderTimestamp}"/></f:facet>

      <h:outputText value="#{curResult.timestamp}"
converter="gs.converter.DateTimeIso"/>

</t:column>

Here the autosorting works perfectly fine, because I want to have the
columns sorted by the timestamp... But on another column, I have the
following:

<t:column sortable="true">

      <f:facet name="header"><h:outputText
value="#{Msg.Check_TableChecks_HeaderName}"/></f:facet>

      <h:outputText value="#{curRow.integrityCheck}"
converter="gs.converter.IntegrityCheckName"/>

</t:column>

Here the autosorting is not working properly. MyFaces is using the
property #{curRow.integrityCheck} to sort the rows. Names of the
integrity check can be other than the IDs and that's why the rows are
not sorted correctly.

What can I do to make the sort work again?

Thx in advance for any suggestions,

Dominik